JCS has a two-tiered level of governance designed to promote maximum participation by all stakeholders, especially parents.
Board of Directors
JCS is governed by a Board of Directors, whose major roles and responsibilities include establishing and approving all major educational and operational policies, approving all major contracts, approving the school’s annual budget, overseeing the school’s fiscal affairs, and selecting and evaluating the school’s Executive Director. The Board of Directors ranges from three to seven directors and includes three parents, preferably one parent from each of the three counties served by JCS, and one to three community members.
Current Board Members
- President: Mr. Kevin Ogden, Community Member
- Secretary: Mrs. Wendy Schroeter, Parent
- Treasurer: Mrs. Barbara Kingsbury Semsrott, Community Member
- Member: Rebecca Van Cleave, Community Member
- Member: Mrs. Vanessa Wickstrom, Parent
- Member: Mr. Brian Duffy, Representative of the District
- Member: Vacancy, Riverside Parent
Board of Directors Meetings
All meetings of the Board of Directors take place monthly, the second Friday of the month (times vary), and are typically held at JCS locations in Riverside and San Diego Counties. Notices, agendas, and minutes of meetings are recorded and retained in JCS files. These records are accessible for public and JUSD review below.
You can join the Board Meeting virtually by computer, tablet or phone by using Zoom.
Recent Meetings, Documents, and Board Policies
School Site Councils
The School Site Council is the school’s stakeholder group consisting of teachers, parents, school administrators, and students that work together to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets for each JCS school. The members of the council are generally elected by their peers. Each JCS school has its own School Site Council and their job consists of:
- Measuring the effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Reaffirming or revising school goals.
- Revising improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Providing recommendations to the governing board on behalf of the school.