Let us help you Prepare for College
The Academic Counseling Team empowers students with the information, tools, and support needed to meet their academic, career, and college goals.
- To request transcripts email Lisa Simmons at email@example.com. Your subject should be “transcript”. In the body of the email provide your name, birth date, name and address where to send the transcript.
In order to receive to receive Federal or State Financial aid (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Cal Grant, Federal Work Study, and Student Loans) career programs must be declared an eligible program of study with the Admissions Office. To apply for Federal and State aid (grants and loans) go to www.fafsa.gov.
Eligible programs are:
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Certificate of Achievement (CA) if the program can lead towards Gainful Employment (note: refer to Palomar College for examples).
A paper copy of the application will be provided to students/parents/guardians upon request. More FAFSA resources:
- Grossmont College
- Cuyamaca College
- Irvine Valley College
- Mt. San Jacinto College
- Saddleback College
- San Diego City College
- San Diego Mesa College
- San Diego Miramar College
- Southwestern College
Local Scholarships and Tips for Scholarship Searches
The JCS Family services many different areas and we rarely receive information on local scholarships. Any scholarship information JCS receives is announced to students via email. To find your local scholarships go to the website of your local high school and search postings for scholarships for your area.
Other hints for scholarship searches:
- Do not wait until your senior year to research. Start searching early. Keep a record of scholarships you may qualify for. Including the website and deadlines.
- Search the scholarships available at the colleges you plan on applying to. Do not wait until you are accepted. It may be too late.